Sunday, October 09, 2005

One down, two to go

Yesterday was the day of the corporate Ultimate tournament. It's been a bit of a nightmare over the last few days, so I'm pretty glad it's over. We came second over all, which was the same as last time and what we expected. The top team are a long way ahead of us with a hard core of brilliant players, where we have only a couple of players who play seriously.

In spite of only playing four 30 minute games, I'm feeling surprisingly stiff. Probably something to do with the cold out there - from start to finish I was out for five hours or so I guess.

I'm glad it's over. That's not to say that I wish I hadn't organised it (in spite of what I might have said on Friday), but it's such a relief when it's finally finished and everyone goes away happy.

The next couple of weeks I'll be going along to trial sessions for a London team to see whether I can get a place. I fancy playing for a team that's properly committed, because the one I play for just now don't seem to really want to win and training is patchy. If I'm perfectly honest I don't think I'll get in (so much so that I'm paying £42 to play Ultimate somewhere else, that I probably won't be able to make if I get on the team), but I felt I had to try - otherwise I would just wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home